When I was sixteen, I saw a flyer at a bus stop. It said, “Did You Know That the Mind Can Heal?” I picked up the flyer and took it home, and I distinctly remember my feeling of awe. I knew that this was something I wanted to dive into and discover its secrets.
Years later, I found a book called The Miracle of Metaphysical Healing. Now out of print, the book was about a woman named Evelyn Monahan who healed herself of blindness and a paralyzed right arm. She developed a technique called “The Metaphysical Healing Technique” that has stayed with me for many years, and I’ll tell you more about it as you read on.
When you reach your higher mind or assist others to reach theirs, possibilities open beyond anything you’ve ever been able to accomplish before. This higher mind is infinite and contains no limits. You can reach it through awareness or prayer or sheer intention. You make a profound healing connection, and you open to the healing power.
Over the years, I’ve adapted Evelyn Monahan’s healing technique, and here’s what my current version looks like:
* Find a quiet place to be, and close your eyes. Take in three deep breaths and be aware that you’re breathing in great energy.
* Say to yourself:
“With the wisdom of my higher self and the power of my healing mind, I am healing myself now. All the cells of my body and all the powers of my mind are healing me now.”
* Then you state what you’re healing, staying as positive in your language as possible.
* Next you imagine in as much detail as possible the healed state of whatever you’d like to heal.
* You may want to imagine healing light beaming on you and streaming from you.
* Then you imagine yourself visiting a healing practitioner or a doctor who says to you:
“I don’t know what you’ve been doing. It must be some kind of miracle. You’re completely healed!” * After this, you may want to give thanks in advance for the wondrous healing you’ve experienced.
Everything is possible, and you can remain in a consciousness of healing. Do this two or three times a day. Five minutes each time may be all you need.
How it Helped Bob with Cancer
A number of years ago, I worked with Bob who had an inoperable cancerous tumor in his right lung. First he healed his anger and frustration and adopted a greater healing attitude. He wanted to understand mental healing and be in touch with his spirit. With the healing technique, he imagined the healing process of his cancer with the white cells carrying away the cancerous cells, and then he imagined the growth shrinking. Next he envisioned his doctor telling him it was a miracle that he was now healed.
He spoke to the consciousness of his cells, saying, “Complete healing is happening in all my cells. You are all working in perfect harmony now.” Next Bob imagined a pool of healing water, and as he waded in, the water washed away anything he didn’t need in his body and brought him new life. He imagined himself holding his great grandchildren, feeling joyful, full of faith and life. He put his thumb together with his index finger, saying, “I am healing myself now.”
This approach, together with nutrition and other healing tools, gave Bob many years more of his life. He had also shifted his attitudes and connected with his spirit.
The Principles Involved
* The first principle is, of course, prayer and making the connection with this powerful state of consciousness.
* The next is direct suggestion. You make a strong suggestion that “with the wisdom of your higher self and the power of your healing mind, you are healing yourself now.” This is an appeal to the highest parts of your being to activate and perfect the process of healing.
* Next is visualization, the great healing technique that impresses on every part of you that great possibilities exist. As you visualize, you create a healing state of vibration in your body and mind.
* Another principle is called trance rehearsal, rehearsing the healing practitioner or doctor’s amazement at the power of the healing that’s taking place in you.
* Gratitude in advance is a healing secret that works its own wonders.
The Power of Spiritual Mind Healing
You can also do this for your own self. Miracles may take place soon – or it may take a while. Divine timing has its own schedule. You have resources in your spirit to transform life at its core by making this connection. With the wisdom of your higher self and the power of your healing mind, you can create shifts in consciousness that profoundly alter the course of your life.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Marilyn_B._Gordon/161762